We could not be more delighted to be hosting our first ever MODERN QUILT SHOW thanks to the amazing communities of gather here and the Cambridge Modern Quilt Guild. This juried show is open to ALL and scheduled so that you can connect with friends, get dazzled with inspiration by the exquisite beauty of more than 40 quilts on display, enjoy the chance to win some fabulous raffle prizes before you head on over to the SQUAM ART FAIR. This will definitely be an experiment in how much fun and beauty you can take!
We do hope you will be able to join us for this fabulous event because best of all?
Winning quilts in the show will receive
awards + prizes from our generous sponsors
Bernina, gather here, and Andover Fabrics.
Prizes will be given for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place as well as People’s Choice and will include a Bernina Patchwork Edition sewing machine and fabric bundles.
That’s right! Some lucky maker is going to go home with a BERNINA SEWING MACHINE!
:: If you have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org ::
Included with the show will be a display of spectacular quilts by none other than: Denyse Schmidt, Jeni Baker, Chawne Kimber, Melissa Averinos, Amber Cochran, Libs Elliott, Lizzy House, Amy Friend, Jen Carlton Bailey and Giussepe Ribaudo
WHEN: Saturday 17 September 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
WHERE: Playhouse (Rockywold-Deephaven Camps, Holderness, NH)
To RSVP to the Modern Quilt Show, please CLICK HERE.
(THE SHOW IS FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.)
Doors open to the Squam Art Fair at 7:30 pm
Despite our rich history of celebrating and nurturing fiber arts, this is the very first time a quilt show has been mounted during one of our gatherings!
The Gather Here Bash has been designed to celebrate and connect makers. Bring your knitting, handwork, relax, hang out and enjoy connecting with other like-minded folks– catching up with old friends and making new ones.
And, to make things even more festive, there will be nibbles, beer, and door prizes.
This is a juried quilt show featuring modern quilts by New England Modern Quilt Guild Members. We will accept 40 non-juried entries on a first come first served basis. If we receive more than 40 entries, there will be a wait list.
To enter your quilt in the exhibit, simply head over to gather here to complete the submission form.
Winning quilts will be announced on September 18, 2016. If you win, you may pick up your prize from Gather Here in Cambridge, MA after the completion of the show and upon collection of your quilt.
Rules of the game
- You must be a member of one of the many unique New England Modern Quilt Guilds to enter a quilt. We have reached out to Cambridge, Boston, Seacoast, New Hampshire, and Maine Modern Quilt Guilds but this does not exclude the great states of Vermont, Connecticut, or Rhode Island!
- All quilts entered into the Squam Modern Quilt Show must meet the following requirements:
- Have three layers (backing, batting, and top) joined together with stitching or tying.
- Have a finished binding on the edge of the quilt.
- The height must not be larger than 100″ or smaller than 48”.
- All of the people who worked on the quilt, paid or not, must be credited (excluding basting assistance).
- One quilt entry per member
- The decisions of the show organizers, jury and judges are final.
- You must ship or deliver your quilt to Gather Here by Sept 5, 2016
- You must pick-up your quilt from Gather Here by Sept 24, 2016
- A label in the lower right-hand corner on the back is required.
- No hanging sleeve is required. Quilts will be hung by a sophisticated binder clip method.
Libs Elliott (above)
Jen Carlton Bailey (above)
Hope to see you there!