The Ondawa Wrap
Taught by:Sarah Waldo Jagger
Thursday, June 2nd - CLOSED
Friday, June 3rd - CLOSED
Saturday, June 4th - CLOSED
Experience level: Intermediate
Just in time for our June Retreat, we introduce the second original sewing pattern of our Squam series: The Ondawa Wrap!
The Ondawa Wrap, named after the beloved porch-wrapped cottage on Squam Lake, is as versatile as it is flattering. Clothing designer Sarah Waldo Jagger has created this just for us and we are so excited to share it with you.
As always, our sewing patterns are defined by
- ease of making
- professional + clear directions
- clean style
This wrap-style tunic can be layered and worn with leggings or, lengthened and styled as your go-to spring or summer dress.
In this class, Sarah will walk students through making your very own Ondawa Wrap.
- Professional finishing techniques will be highlighted.
- You’ll discuss options for customization… the possibilities are endless!
Best of all, having step-by-step, hands-on instruction as you make this tunic will give you the skills and confidence to dive into your favorite sewing patterns when you get home.
Class registration will include a downloadable PDF pattern to print at home prior to the June Retreat. Students should come to class with their pattern pieces cut out from your fabric of choice.
Students should have basic knowledge of sewing on a machine.
PDF will be emailed to you mid-April.
*in the photos above you can see how delicious the edges are after washing with this particular fabric.
Kit fee: 0 USD
- If you want to bring your own sewing machine, that’s great. We will have machines on hand but often people prefer to work with the one they know best.
- thread to match and contrast tunic fabric
- red thread
- disappearing ink pen
- fabric cut from printed pdf pattern** (leave the pattern pinned onto the cut pieces please!)
- seam ripper
- notions as noted in pattern
**Recommended Fabrics: linens, chambray, double gauze •