In the Company of Cables
Taught by:Karen Templer
Thursday June 7th -- OPEN
Friday June 8th
Experience level: Advanced Beginner*
- learn the simple mechanics of knitting a cable twist
- talk about how to knit from charts
- clarify how to measure a cable swatch
- discuss why and how yarn choice affects the success of your cables
- explore the anatomy of more complex cables, braids and diamonds
- and, best of all, how to fix mistakes.
*Skill Level: Beginner-ish. You must be comfortable knitting and purling in the same row, working k2tog and SSK decreases, and knitting in the round.
PLEASE NOTE: per Karen, this is a beginner intro to cables. However, if you are already comfortable with cables, Karen will show you some of her personal tips and tricks to make cabling easier and even more fun. Everyone will come away with this sweet hat!
Kit fee: none