The Sweetest Tunic
Taught by:Cal Patch
Thursday Sep 15 - CLOSED
Experience level: All Levels
Even a beginner stitcher can whip up
this folk-inspired tunic in just a day!
The simplest shapes are often the best; learn how to sew this dreamy tunic, and customize it to make it your own. You can add pockets, contrast piecing, embroidery or other details to suit your fancy.
Best of all? This classic style is ripe for embellishment, so if you are inclined to print or embroider on textiles, you can use your skills to embellish, or incorporate a piece you have already printed or stitched on.
Cal will bring the pattern and guidance, you bring your ideas!
SKILLS: You will need at least beginner-level sewing skills (i.e. you’ve used a sewing machine and sewn a simple project or two); more advanced seamsters are welcome and can tackle more challenging techniques.
Kit fee: 0 USD
- 2 yards light to medium-weight woven fabric (can be solid or printed) such as cotton, linen, gauze, voile, lawn etc.
- All-purpose thread to match
- 1 package single-fold 1/2ʺ bias tape
- Basic sewing kit: Scissors (for cutting fabric), pins and pincushion, seam ripper, tailor’s chalk, tape measure
- Optional but encouraged: If you are driving and can bring your own sewing machine, please do! We will also have on hand the machines generously donated by Singer