This year we have added in a free morning on Saturday so people can sleep in, take a hike, some yoga, a swim, a stroll, knitting on the porch--- a deep breath, or hit the amazing antique shops in the area.
But if that's not enough, here are some additional activities on offer for Saturday:
- For the first time ever, we are going to be transforming the Deephaven Dining hall into a fabulous yoga studio that will be set up around that gorgeous fireplace and will have room enough for all who want to join in. Gentle yoga will be the first session, followed by a more active vinyasa-- take one, take both-- entirely your choice.
- We are also thriled to have a magical open studio space available that will be stocked with loads of art supplies for the taking. This will be set up in Longhouse so you can enjoy those fabulous wrap-around porches and the great stone fireplace. Our hope is that it will be a lovely time to hang with friends, play and practice some of the cool new techniques you learned in class-- as well as have time to do some new work or have the time to finish up pieces you started earlier in the week. A whole day to play in a studio brimming with supplies and fabulous people—um, yes, please!
- If you are more inclined to the spirit of words —we are so honored to have two writing workshops AND a book signing/discussion on offer. Maya Stein will be offering Squam Extra: Footloose and Fancy Free writing time for those who don't want the formality of the class but are drawn to the idea of doing some freeform writing in a group setting. It promises to be a great time to help people gather their thoughts about their Squam experience, orient themselves (in writing) with the lessons and experiences they want to bring back home, or whatever else they're musing about that would help ground and deepen their integration. This will be happening an hour or two after breakfast, which would still allow plenty of time to spend the rest of the day as you like. Camille DeAngelis will be offering Squam Extra: No-stress Storytelling. This workshop is designed for anyone who has ever thought, "I have a story in me, I just don't know how to tell it." Camille says, "basically, this class is for the person who is convinced they can't be a writer as I have just the exercises to help them see that they are!"
- In the afternoon (just after our beautiful catered luncheon down at Longhouse) Marie Manuchehri will be having an open conversation with you about her new book, recently released by Sounds True Publications. I have read it and can tell you with no holds barred that it is simply superb—but don’t take my word for it, this is what Christiane Northrup had to say after reading it, "Intuitive Self-Healing teaches the medicine of the future. Happily, you can use it now!”
- Penelope Dullaghan will be offering THAI MASSAGE (assisted yoga) sessions. 50 minutes long, $50. There are a total of four spots available: three Saturday morning, one Saturday afternoon. These will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. To sign up -- please email email@example.com
And, because this is our FIFTH YEAR ANNIVERSARY we have some beautiful plans for a catered dinner at Longhouse on Friday night and catered lunch at Longhouse on Saturday. As always, if you have any questions or if anything seems unclear, please do let us know.